my blog list

about me

search

8.02.2010

People in the city can grown vegetables and can things

My friend Sara grew these amazing cucumbers in her container garden on her patio! I just had to brag since I  #1, sold her the townhome and #2, ate the cucumbers and they were so, so good. You could smell their refreshing yummy-ness all the way across the kitchen when sliced up and the skins were perfect texture, not waxy and tough. They were awesome. I ate a whole one by myself in one sitting. AND, if that isn't impressive enough, she also made homemade pickles and canned them. I didn't even know that was possible any more. I thought you had to find an old lady with the magic touch who could seal up the glass jars for you with her crazy mountain woman skills or something.







No comments:

Post a Comment