my blog list

about me

search

8.25.2010

Martha Stewart-esque FAIL

I am 2 for 2 on fails with Martha Stewart-esque projects recently. I feel good about posting them so that others might know that it's okay to fail and blog about it. The first was a batch of blueberry scones that I made to take as a housewarming gifts to friends I was visiting this past month.




Packaged them up with ribbon that I already had,



Added some personal tags,



So far so good, right? Wrong.

They tasted like biscuits, not scones. What's worse, one of the friends had a Devonshire Tea as her wedding reception! She is a total scone aficionado. I confessed after I got there that I had totally forgotten about her love for scones, and that I really wasn't bringing them because I remembered how much she loved them. I then told her they were blueberry biscuits, tried to, and I made her promise not to eat them until I left that weekend. She showed me a video from America's Test Kitchen and said it was the best scone recipe she had ever tried. Oh well, now I know where to go for scones.

FAIL #2 was more of the baby shower decoration variety. Yes, I saw a fantastic idea for a hanging mobile of sorts, made out of flowery vines and spelling out 'baby' in French. Bebe. Now...lots went wrong from this point on. It wasn't a French themed shower at all, the vines started to look weepy in the 110 degree weather we've had, and on top of it all, I hung it in front of a mirror over the mantle because it was the most central place in the room.



Like this



Can you read that? It's okay, no one could. Are you laughing yet? On top of it all, the first person that walked in took one look at it and said, "Who's Bebe?" (like Bebe gun, no French accent)
After that, not another word was said through the whole shower about the strange vines hanging in the corner spelling out the name of someone who did not exist. The baby shower was for a boy incidentally, which added nothing in terms of context clues. Oops. We're all fine here and the sweet baby boy was born on Thursday afternoon August 19, 2010, healthy and beautifully! Congratulations Laura and Joseph! Love to you!

1 comment:

  1. What's up, after reading this remarkable post i am also glad to share my experience here with mates.

    Look into my site ... noticias primero

    ReplyDelete