my blog list

about me

search

5.18.2011

ralph lauren

I have said this before, but this blog takes some crazy turns. One day I'm thinking deeply, and then next, I'm wishing I was a clothing designer that left home at 20 to pursue a career in NYC. As I am continuing to journey through figuring out what I love, it's moments like almost falling off of the treadmill today while watching Oprah interview Ralph Lauren & family, that I just get really excited. I don't know why, but the ins and outs of starting at a drawing board, and making something that people put on their bodies is so fascinating to me. He talked about how each piece is a story that he is telling. 

After 45 years of creating and designing, wildly new things continue to emerge. One comment did strike me though when he said that as he comes down the runway to wave good-bye at the end of a beautiful show, he's always feeling sick, already can't even enjoy his accomplishment or praise, because he fears deep down that he might not do it again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment