my blog list

about me

search

6.09.2011

nyc this weekend!




It's been a while since I've posted, so there's lots to blog about! I decided to start training for the Peachtree Road Race and ran my first 5K a few weekends ago, it went really well other than catching a glimpse of the back of a girl's sorority t-shirt with the same letters as mine, and a rated X picture on the back. Someone please call the standards board on that one. Sheesh, all chapters are not created equal. Then, I spent last week on Blue Mountain Beach for 7 glorious days and will write all about that trip soon. Nearing the end of the week, the girl to boy ratio was 1:2.5 which was interesting and fun. I love how simple guys are, it's refreshing! Anyway, the subject matter at hand is NYC. I'm headed there this weekend to celebrate my friend Jenn's birthday and just can't wait. I've had the chorus to this Jay-Z song stuck in my head all week long. Three of us are going, each with distinctly different hair color, which begs the question, "who's who?" I'll let you know after the weekend. How's that?


On a more serious note, I actually prayed for some fun/inexpensive trips about two months ago. I know it sounds crazy, but this beach trip and then NYC  have both come up since then, and both have come at very low cost. (Thanks to Jenn for the plane ticket...seriously!!) I just have to say that this is a reminder to me of how much God does care about the little things as well as the big in our lives. I'm not saying he always gives us trips (my sister laughed and told me that sounded really bratty to ask God for "fun trips") but whatever. All I'm saying is that he knows every detail of our hearts including when, in his timing, it is appropriate to give us gifts, which he by the way delights to give. Yes, even fun trips--and I'm thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I don't feel like I can pull off that pink suite. Way too pinkalicious , even for me! Ready to get on the flight tomorrow and way to go on PRR. Shall we run in NYC???

    ReplyDelete