my blog list

about me

search

7.01.2010

31 days to go

No, I'm not a teacher. They live for their summers, and frankly, I am always really envious of their tans, trips and time doing whatever they want for most of June and July every year. This summer has been officially declared the summer of Hannah. I have taken almost the entire month of June off with really big plans to do absolutely nothing productive. This all started with the desperate need for a true break. For a time of rest. I've been selling real estate now in the City Of Atlanta for six years with very little time off, working a normal seven day week, and it has been brutal.

So...when I started regularly putting the coffee pot in the refrigerator after pouring myself a cup, and yes, the cold creamer up in a cabinet, had two minor wrecks within two weeks, both my fault, and started having chest pains from stress, I decided that it had to be all or none.

I am so thankful for a great Spring where I am able to take this time off. It has been an incredible month so far but having something to show for it is another story. Here are some things that I have done so far:

1. Worn my hair curly every day! This is a huge change for me as I have straightened it since middle school which takes 30 minutes a day and is not a relaxing activity.

2. Watched almost all of LOST from start to finish. I am on season five and just couldn't watch the finale without going back and watching the whole show.

3. Awakened without an alarm, probably five days a week. (Go to West Egg for breakfast early once a week to meet dear friends)

4. Attend church without thinking about the business that I will be doing afterward that day. This is revolutionary! I am enjoying my Sundays so much more and am beginning to think about those I would want to invite, and where I'd like to serve.

I honestly can't think of anything else that I have done at this point. I am reading some good books such as The Help, by Kathryn Stockett, thanks to my sister in law Nicole, who passed it along for several beach trips. She and my brother are moving to Durham, England in the Fall and just rented their home! I'm so excited for them and can't wait to go over and visit!

I am becoming more settled with the idea that I won't have done much that is productive in this time off. I can only attribute that to God's amazing work in my heart to help me become more trusting in HIS opinion of me, regardless of what I do or don't do. He values me for me, not for what I bring to him or others. How many times a day do I have to say this to myself? Thousands. Mary chose the better thing, to sit at Jesus' feet and learn from him, and that would not be taken away from her. Luke 10:38-42

No comments:

Post a Comment