my blog list

about me

search

2.21.2010

opening my eyes

A sister church to Atlanta Westside, City Church Eastside hosted a recent weekend "Dignity Conference" in early February. It was an incredible evening of photgraphy from International Justice Mission capturing the stories of women and children set free from sex & human trafficking. An amazing work is being done all over the world by IJM to restore dignity and hope in the lives of the poor and innocent. Secondly, Greg Helvey, debutante filmmaker spoke and showed a short 19 minute documentary  produced to raise awareness over  issues of modern day slavery, specifically in India. The film entitled, "Kavi", has been nominated for an Academy Award and can be viewed here. If purchased, over 30% of the films proceeds will be donated directly to anit-slavery non-profit organizations.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered it--it's so good! My students are hosting a screening to raise money for modern day slavery.
    I highly recommend the film...even though it didn't win:(

    ReplyDelete