my blog list

about me

search

1.04.2010

bringing the world of people and food together

There are two thoughts that I was reminded of the other day that I really want to take into the new year. One:  Preach the gospel to myself everyday. I know that I have gospel amnesia. I wake up and act like I've never heard it before. It's so true. Two: The love of Christ compells us (me). It is not that my love for Christ compells me, but the love of Christ itself. There is a huge difference and I know it takes a life time to understand.

A great start to the new year was had by all at Your Dekalb Farmer's Market on the 1st of January. SO much better than Whole Foods in Buckhead. What could be better than an excited crowd of people from all over the world in a large 60 degree warehouse, lots of draped fabrics, turbans (Caroline Pittman) and the scent of old fish, but yet a good welcome home old-fish sort of smell. Or is that only what people say who have lived abroad in non-Westernized countries and come to love them?

Among my purchases: some Dutch cow's milk cheese, Spanish wine and of course, Kenyan coffee.





No comments:

Post a Comment